High-Quality Door Frames With Clean Lines
At Pellco Windows & Doors, we understand the value of door frame design. Modern clients desire “clean lines,” which refers to minimalist design without exposed parts. Unfortunately, traditional door frames contain a door jamb system, which prevents a streamlined design concept. EZ Concept® engineered a solution: EzyJamb®, and we’re proud to sell it to Southern California customers. This innovative door frame completely hides the door jamb system, which results in an eye-pleasing appearance. Houses and commercial properties shooting for a modern feel should invest in EzyJamb®.
What is EzyJamb®?
EzyJamb® – the frameless door jamb system – is an EZ Concept® product engineered to create seamless, clean lines while eliminating the need for trims around door frames. This modern, defining feature conceals the door frame and creates square-set interiors. It wraps around the drywall during framing and blends seamlessly with the wall. This product is made from premium galvanized steel, making it a more durable solution than timber jambs.
Installation Instructions for EzyJamb®
Installation instructions for EzyJamb® can be “ezy” with the help of a professional from Pellco Windows & Doors. Below, we’ve outlined the five essential steps to this installation process:
- Ensure the stud opening is square and level and is the correct size. Ensure the rough opening has double studs. The manufacturer highly recommends wood studs or a minimum 18 gauge .030 metal studs on both sides of the opening. Double studs are also recommended.
- Fasten the hinge side first and make sure the jamb is level. It needs to be as tight against stud opening as possible. Then, screw at 8” centers up stile, screwing back through the drywall into stud jamb. Double screw all ends and beside the hinge position.
- Fasten the final vertical section (strike jamb) below the head section and ensure the spacing between the two vertical sections is even and at the required distance.
- Ensure the perforated side strips sit flat against the drywall to enable the jamb sections to be easily set into the wall surface. Finish the jamb with drywall compound.
- Hang the door in position, leaving 1/8” clearance from the top and the hinged side using the EzyJamb® standard or invisible hinges. Install the striker plate into place to align with the latch plate punching. The completed jamb is flush finished and can be painted in with the whole wall area to fully conceal any fixing, achieving simple, clean lines around the door face.
Why We Trust EzyJamb®
EzyJamb® is not only specialty-coated, but it readily accepts a level five finish, helping achieve a smooth transition between the wall and door face. Additionally, EzyJamb® has successfully surpassed the 10,000 ‘Door Slam’ Test, so you can rest easy knowing you’re investing in a quality product for your project.
Contact Pellco Windows & Doors Today
In addition to EzyJamb®, we work with a wide range of vendors. With ample buying power and strong vendor relationships, you can rest assured you’ll always have a vast variety of high-quality products to choose from when installing or replacing windows and doors. Pellco Windows & Doors delivers high-quality windows and doors to customers throughout San Diego, CA and Newport Beach. We take pride in providing our valued customers with the confidence that these products will perform and bring beauty to their spaces. Contact us today for a free quote or to start your project with our expert team.